Transpower Scholarship for Women in Engineering at University of Canterbury In New Zealand, 2019.
Transpower Scholarship for Women in Engineering, the University of Canterbury In New Zealand is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified Women for its ongoing Scholarship 2019.
The University of Canterbury is offering women who are studying undergraduate Power Engineering in the School of Engineering at the University.
Transpower established the scholarship in 2018 to encourage more women to enter the New Zealand electricity industry.
Ernest Rutherford, Canterbury’s most distinguished graduate, studied at the University in the 1890s. He discovered his own scientific ability during a year of postgraduate research before taking up a scholarship to Cambridge.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Up to $5,000 in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Number of Scholarships: Only one scholarship is available.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Transpower Scholarship for Women in Engineering:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be female and citizens of New Zealand or holders of New Zealand residence class visas.
- Applicants must be enrolled, full-time or part-time, in:
- Professional Year of a program for a Bachelor of Engineering with Honors degree
- At least one of the courses specifically required for a minor in Power Engineering for the Electrical and Electronic Engineering specialization.
- Applicants who are not enrolled in the First Professional Year by Direct Entry must have achieved an average GPA of at least 6.0 (B+ grade) in their most recent year of university study.
How to Apply: You may apply through the webpage approximately 8 weeks before applications close. If it’s possible to apply online for this scholarship there will be a link to the online system. If the link is not provided, please download and complete the application form.
If you are unclear about anything concerning Transpower Scholarship for Women in Engineering, Please, ask us for clarity by using the comment box below….