Chivas Venture Competition for Social Entrepreneurs 2019 | $1 Million in funding.
Chivas Venture Competition for Social Entrepreneurs, the Chivas Venture is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified and interested individuals for its ongoing Chivas Venture Competition for Social Entrepreneurs 2019. Deadline for submission of application is 31 October 2018.
They are looking for social entrepreneurs from around the world who are using business to create a better future. Every year, the Chivas Venture gives away $1 million in no-strings funding to social entrepreneurs, who blend profit with purpose to have a positive impact on the world.
The Chivas Venture is an annual competition to find and support the most promising social entrepreneurs, who use business to solve social and/or environmental issues. Since 2014, Chivas has been funding and mentoring entrepreneurs who use business to tackle the world’s biggest social and environmental issues.
- Global exposure
- A share of $1million dollars in no-strings funding
- A 3-day Accelerator Programme in the UK
- A bunch of world-changing new friends.
- The founder, co-founder or a key decision-maker who will represent your business throughout the competition.
- You must be aged 25 years old or over (as of 31 October 2018)
- Speak fluent English.
- Your start-up must already be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located, and earn no more than $1.5 million in annual revenue (from 1 September 2017 to 1 September 2018).
- Candidates must apply to the competition in one of the participating countries, for a chance to join the global final and win a share of $1million.
To enter the competition, your business must be registered in one of the following countries:
- Argentina or Uruguay
- England or Wales
- Scotland or Northern Ireland
- South Africa
Every submission will be assessed across the following criteria:
- Market opportunity & Need (Is there a big social or environmental problem to solve, and clear gap in the market?)
- Business model & Team (Do you have the right solution & team in place to make money while doing good?)
- Measurable Social impact (Do you drive transformational impact and do you measure it?)
- Scalability potential (Can you scale, and could you ever transform a million lives, or end the problem you’re solving?)
- Financials (Do you have sound financial projections and will Chivas Venture funding be catalytic of growth & impact?)
- Quality of the pitch & passion of the representative (in final stages only)
In short – they are looking for businesses that not only have the potential to succeed and turn a profit, but also can demonstrate that having a positive impact is at the heart of their business venture.
If your business was created to make a positive impact in the world, they want to hear from you.
For more information, visit Chivas Venture.
If any part of this article, Chivas Venture Competition for Social Entrepreneurs is unclear to you, Please, ask us for more enlightenment by using the comment box below….